- This event has passed.
Microsoft Teams Introduction End-User Training – 1/2 Day Course Online
June 19 @ 9:00 am – 12:00 pm CDT
This class is a instructor-led on-line event.
This class will be offered on-line and can be taken live remotely.
Microsoft Teams is the collaboration tool for teamwork in Office 365. Microsoft Teams includes meetings, group conversations, video chat, file-sharing, co-authoring, SharePoint connection, and more. This course will provide an overview of how to use these features within Teams. Learn the main features of Teams to make your team more productive.
9:00 am – 12:00 pm (Central Time)
The course is for team members and team owners who plan on using Microsoft Teams.
Basic Windows and Microsoft Office skills are required. No prior Teams experience is necessary. Familiarity with SharePoint document libraries would be beneficial.
Who Should Attend?
This course is for users that want to understand the functionality in Teams, as well as for the user that may support an organization using Teams.
Topics covered in this course include:
• How to use and customize channels.
• Posting messages in channels.
• Using chat and meetings.
• Managing files.
• Adding apps and bots to Teams.
Tour of Teams Components (highlights)
- Meeting, Chat, and Video
- A SharePoint Online site and document library to store team files
- OneDrive integration
- Owners, Members, Guests
- Organization, Public, Private Teams
- Standard, Private Channels
- One on One Private Chats
- Collaborative Chats with more than two
- Adding Someone to the Conversation
- Working with Messages – Sending, Receiving, Editing, Saving and Deleting Messages
- OneNote vs. Whiteboard
- Manage Team
- Privacy (Organization, Public, Private)
- Modifying Settings
- Add a Channel
- Permissions and Managing Members
- Channel Notifications
- Channel Email
- Pin a Channel
- Hide a Channel
- Delete the channel
- Files, Wiki, and other tabs
Schedule and conduct meetings in Microsoft Teams
- Meet Now and Inviting Others
- Scheduling Meetings (Inside Teams or Outlook)
- Sharing Your Desktop
- Recording a Meeting
Working with Files
- Working with Docs using Teams, Browser, Desktop
- Location of Files (Teams, SharePoint, OneDrive)
- Understanding Your Activity Feed
- Using Search in Teams
- Understanding Bots
- Other Available apps