- This event has passed.
How to Conduct MS Teams Meetings & Live Events (2 hr instructor-led course)
June 25, 2020 @ 9:00 am - 11:00 am CDT
This class is a instructor-led on-line event.
This class will be offered on-line and can be taken live remotely.
Microsoft Teams is the collaboration tool for teamwork in Office 365. Microsoft Teams includes meetings, group conversations, video chat, file-sharing, co-authoring, SharePoint connection, and more. This course will provide training on how to use Meetings and Live Events of Teams. Learn the main features of these to make your teams and presentations more productive.
- Meetings in Teams include audio, video, and screen sharing for up to 350 people. They’re one of the key ways to collaborate in Teams. And you don’t need to be a member of an organization (or even have a Teams account!) to join a Teams meeting
- Live Events in Teams is an extension of Teams meetings, enabling you to produce events for large online audiences with more control over video, audience interaction, and reporting.
9:00 am – 11:00 am (Central Time)
The course is for team members and team owners who plan on using Microsoft Teams.
Basic Windows and Microsoft Office skills are required. No prior Teams experience is necessary. Familiarity with SharePoint document libraries would be beneficial.
Who Should Attend?
This course is for users that want to understand the functionality of Meetings and Live Events of MS Teams, as well as for the user that may support an organization using these tools.
Topics covered in this course include:
• How to schedule and conduct a meeting.• How to schedule and conduct a live event.• Using the White Board and/or OneNote.
Quick Tour of Teams Components (highlights)
- Teams vs. Channels
- Channel Posts vs. Private Chat
- A SharePoint Online site and document library to store team files
- Owners, Members, Guests
- Organization, Public, Private Teams
- Standard, Private Channels
Schedule and conduct Meetings in Microsoft Teams
- Meet Now and Inviting Others
- Scheduling Meetings (Inside Teams or Outlook)
- Sharing Your Desktop
- OneNote vs. Whiteboard
- Recording a Meeting
Schedule and conduct Live Events in Microsoft Teams
- Plan and schedule a live event
- Produce a live event
- Attend a live event
- Moderating a Q&A
Working with Files (Supplemental Information)
- Working with Docs using Teams, Browser, Desktop